WHAT IS ABATE?
ABATE is a neutral organization that allows all riders to unite in a brotherhood to safeguard our rights and still be individuals with different views.
ABATE feels that all motorcyclists are brothers and sisters with a common interest....riding free!
* A great many restrictive laws pertaining to motorcycles and riders were enacted by an uninformed or misdirected legislature. ABATE's goal in Kansas is to keep our legislators informed of our feelings about any bill that we feel would be unfair or discriminatory towards motorcyclists To prevent an unfair bill from becoming a law is much easier than fighting to get a Law repealed.
ABATE of Kansas works with motorcycle rights organizations across the country to stop unfair federal legislation aimed at motorcyclists.
* We are not against helmets, but the forced-use helmet law is a blatant government grab of our personal freedom. It puts all of motorcycling in jeopardy.
* EPA, state and local sound and emission regulations threaten to put a end to BMW and most European bikes not to mention the last American maker, Harley-Davidson. Most air-cooled Japanese bikes also could not be sold in this country.
* Remember the federal "backward motorcycle" no one could ride? NHTSA is still working on a "crash worthy" bike. Manufacturers would be required to make their bikes to this design. It would be all you could buy - if you could afford it.
* St. Louis and New York, as well as other cities and some parks, have tried outright banning of motorcycles. These "cycle bans" are a means to literally get motorcycles off the streets.'
The letters "ABATE" stands for "A Brotherhood Against Totalitarian Enactments" and "American Bikers Aimed Toward Education. ABATE of Kansas works for you!
ABATE of Kansas now has a Motorcycle Safety Foundation certified safety program This training consists of 20 hours of intensive classroom and hands-on training followed by strict testing of acquired skills for beginners. Experienced riders are given 8 hours of advanced evasive and braking training.
ABATE of Kansas sponsors and promotes safety, rider information, and motorcycle awareness campaigns for autoists emphasizing accident prevention.
Some of the benefits to be gained by joining ABATE are:
* Tremendous political power for opposing anti-motorcycle legislation, for support of programs that help, not hurt, motorcycling.
* Monthly newsletter to increase communications among motorcyclists.
* Membership card and patch.
* Participation with large groups of fellow riders in toy runs, blood runs, swap meets and other service- oriented functions
* Participation in monthly meetings.
The personal satisfaction of knowing you are promoting the great sport of motorcycling.
All money from memberships, donations, etc. goes to to pay for printing, postage and other expenses incurred in fighting unfair motorcycle legislation
* ABATE now offers their own Legal program with free consultation on all legal matters.